[K12OSN] Setting up new server

Christopher K. Johnson ckjohnson at gwi.net
Thu Oct 7 14:18:23 UTC 2004

Guy Lessard wrote:

> Try reducing the scsi speed down to 160 and see if that helps.
>
> Randall Swift wrote:
>
>> I have a new server and when I try to install Fedora c2 it tells me that
>> no hard drives are detected and fails the installation. I have 2 scsi
>> 73gb
>> hard drives. The controller is an adaptec dual ultra 320 scsi
>> controller.
>> I have set up the drives using RAID0 and RAID1 and still the same error.
>> Any ideas?

If you invoke the Adaptec setup during boot does it see the two drives?
I am guessing your comment about RAID0 and RAID1 was at the controller
level and it does see the drives there.
If not, are you sure they are correctly cabled with appropriate
terminator?  Are they configured with SCSI IDs that do not conflict with
the controller or each other?
If the controller does see the drives, and you have configured RAID,
what logical drive has the RAID array been configured to appear as?