[K12OSN] OT: Anyone got experience of Tomcat (windows and linux)

Does anyone have any experience of using Apache Tomcat?
I have an (education history program with quicktime videos and java pages) application that is designed to run on Tomcat on Windows. does a full tomcat and mysql install on windows.

And no, their tech support, doesn't support linux.

However (thankfully) we dont have any windows servers to install the program and the server on.

What I'm wanting to do, is set up a windows server, install the things on there, and then move the data files across onto our Fedora Core 2 server.

I'm good with Apache, but have never done Java/Tomcat, just looking for guidance

James