Re: [K12OSN] Install 4.0.1 kernel panic

Maybe you can use the option acpi=off as parameter of the kernel.
With a fedora core I had a problem when booting (machine was frozen) and setting this option at startup fixed the problem.

Joshua Sanders wrote:

>Did you try "linux mediacheck" to make sure that there were not errors
>in the disk.

Yes, Media check doesn't get any further than any other option.
I have been working on it for a while now and found that a lot of People
are having trouble with ACPI (which is about 10 of the 20 errors on the
screen.)

It is not the Bios to be able to turn on/off ACPI and I have messed with
the power management for a while now. --> does anyone have any ideas on
how to shut off ACPI on this board (or one that does not have that as an
option in the BIOS?

>>Xeon 2.4 w/hyperthreading >>2 GB mem >>120 GB HD >>1000 b/t NIC >>GA-8EGXDR Server Board

Did you try "linux mediacheck" to make sure that there were not errors
in the disk.
I've heard of this behavior being exhibited with corrupted CDs.