RE: [K12OSN] OT: Anyone got experience of Tomcat (windows and linux)

Title: Message
Sorry I can't help you there.  I only messed with Tomcat in Windows, and that was so long ago I probably wouldn't be much help there either.

Good luck.
Ah, I think I might not have explained correctly:

I have History Education CD, which installs a Tomcat and a MySQL server on Windows. It then copies a load of videos and clips and text onto this server.

However we dont have a (permanent) windows server. So i want to create do the installation on a temporary Windows server and then copy the data, from server to server. i.e. like if it was apache i would copy c:\httpd\htdocs directory to the /var/www/html directory.

Whilst I'm ok moveing the MySQL data from server to server, i'm not so sure about the Tomcat...

However as i don't have experience of setting up Tomcat on Linux, I'm looking for help setting it up the Tomcat on Linux. As i cant even see where $catalina_home is, or where it is even meant to be!

dangerous content by the Cotter Tech Department and is
believed to be clean.

---