[K12OSN] A will it work question

My server is running K12LTSP 4.0.1 FC1

If I connect a USB scanner to a terminal will the server figure out that t is there and make it useable?

My terminals are all dumpster boxes. The terminal that I would like to use is running an AMD K6-2 550MHz chip with 512 MEG of ram. I can't create a fat client because I don't have the needed hardware to do that.

Thanks
Pat