[K12OSN] North Eastern Conference

David Tisdell penguintiz at yahoo.com
Sat Oct 9 17:54:39 UTC 2004

David,
Sounds great! Do you have dates in mind? I might be
interested in presenting something. Do you  specific
topics in mind?
Dave
------------------------------

Message: 4
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2004 08:18:30 -0400
From: "David Trask" <dtrask at vcs.u52.k12.me.us>
Subject: Re: [K12OSN] North Eastern Conference
To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
        <k12osn at redhat.com>
Cc: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
        <k12osn at redhat.com>
How about this? Each summer Derek Dresser and I
sponsor a conference on
Linux on general (of which a big part of it is
K12LTSP/LTSP)  Last year
and the year before we had it at Gould Academy in
Bethel, Maine (ski
country).  Beautiful old New England Private School in
the Western
Mountains of Maine.  Fantastic food...great times.  We
had folks from
as
far away as Vancouver!  Derek and I will be seeing
each other in a few
days and hopefully nailing down a date for this years
conference.  Last
year the cost was $400 for the three days....this
included room and
board....the meals were better than any hotel could
offer (prime
rib....calamari....micro brews.....unbelievable!)  (be
aware the price
could increase a little to encompass increases in
costs)  The dorms are
very nice and have high speed internet which made for
some really nice
after hours sessions.   We're looking for presenters
as well....if
ya'll
are interested...let me know and I'll keep everyone
posted.....last
year
we sold out all 50 slots....we may be able to increase
the slots if the
interest is there.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator