Re: [K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

Jay Pfaffman wrote:
So OOs should load faster for
the 2nd and later users.

I'll affirm this. In our district, once someone has started OO, it takes literally about 4 seconds for the next folks to start it. The first user usually has to wait 20-30 seconds, but after that it's like lightning. :)

An rc.local script would be great if you could load some of the "big" programs in a virtual X session or something. I'd love to be able to add 1 minute to start up time, and get the preloaded effect for the users.

-Shawn