Re: [K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

Samps wrote:
Yes, I'e noticed that it starts slightly faster on subsequent runs.... It still takes almost 40 seconds though.

Hardware is dual AMD Athlon XP1700 w. 1Gb SDRAM, user homes exported from an E-smith SME server using NFS

Whoa... Maybe it's my server hardware, but I have about 75-80 concurrent users on my server all day. Dual 3.2Ghz Xeon, 4GB RAM, GigE, /home mounted over second GigE via NFS. Startup time is actually 6-7 seconds from clicking the icon to typing in a document (I just vnc'd into my server to time it).

What sort of startup time is normal? Am I blessed? Does my hardware make that much of a difference? I'm using icewm and XDM so that users can't choose to use gnome or kde...

Shawn