Re: [K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

Shawn Powers wrote:
Whoa... Maybe it's my server hardware, but I have about 75-80 concurrent users on my server all day. Dual 3.2Ghz Xeon, 4GB RAM, GigE, /home mounted over second GigE via NFS. Startup time is actually 6-7 seconds from clicking the icon to typing in a document (I just vnc'd into my server to time it).

I'm using a single NIC LTSP-setup, 100mbps Ethernet, could it be 'net congestion' that results in OO load-up times around the 40-50 seconds?

just looking for clues...

;-)
Samps