Re: [K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

Monday, October 11, 2004 at 10:28 PM +0000 wrote:
>Whoa...  Maybe it's my server hardware, but I have about 75-80
>concurrent users on my server all day.  Dual 3.2Ghz Xeon, 4GB RAM, GigE,
>/home mounted over second GigE via NFS.  Startup time is actually 6-7
>seconds from clicking the icon to typing in a document (I just vnc'd
>into my server to time it).
>
>What sort of startup time is normal?  Am I blessed?  Does my hardware
>make that much of a difference?  I'm using icewm and XDM so that users
>can't choose to use gnome or kde...
>
>Shawn

Hmmmm....I used to have the same type of start times, but now I
don't....I'm wondering if the hosts file thing is causing it.  I too have
30+ second times regardless and I'm using gigabit.

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us