Re: [K12OSN] HD boot-Format 1722kb floppy on Fedora Core 2

There is an image of a Tom's Root Boot disk at : http://ltsp.criticalcontrol.com/trbd.img

Peter

Krsnendu dasa wrote:

I tried doing cat to hard drive from floppy but I kept getting garbage on
the screen, so I attached the destination HD and did $ cat eb-5.2.5-yournic.zdsk > /dev/hdc but when I try to boot from the hard drive it get the following messages.

8000 AX:0208 BX:0000 CX 0002 D:0000
.
8000 AX:0208 BX:0000 CX 0002 D:0000
. 8000 AX:0208 BX:0000 CX 0002 D:0000
.
8000 AX:0208 BX:0000 CX 0002 D:0000
.

What does this mean?

I was able to boot this machine using a floppy previously but I started
repeatedly getting a similar message. I thought it was a floppy drive
problem so I decided to try using HD boot.

I also have other machines that show the same kind of problems.

Any advice.

Will it work better if I use the more complex zlilo method?