[K12OSN] Re: No more web browser icon?

Calvin Park wrote:

One of my technicians last night was playing around on the server (something that
won't continue happening) and managed to delete the web browser icon off
of the quick launch bar at the bottom of the screen, as well as from the
"internet" menu. Not only on his own desktop (I wouldn't care) but he
somehow deleted it from ALL desktops. Any ideas on how to get the icon
back?

Calvin,

You didn't say whether you are using Gnome, KDE, or Icewm. If you are using Icewm, I may be able to shed a little light. There is one menu that does the job for everyone, and then it is also possible to override that and have your own menu/toolbar if you have your own .icewm/ directory in your home directory.

I believe that the global icewm menu/toolbar are in /etc/icewm/ At least, that's where they are in K21LTSP 3.12. They may have moved in 4.x, but you should still be able to find them. Try this command:

locate icewm/toolbar

Find that menu and toolbar and make the needed changes to them and all should be well. Then, if your tech wants to customize, have him copy them to a directory named .icewm/ in his home directory.

Peace,
Jimmy

Q:	Why did the tachyon cross the road?
A:	Because it was on the other side.