Re: [K12OSN] Install 4.0.1 kernel panic

Randall Swift wrote:

I put the CD in the tray, press enter... it loads the vmluniz and the init
then about a half of a second later it gets a kernel panic. I am at a
loss. I have unplugged the HD, tested every memory stick, turned off

I had a similiar problem last year and believe it or not the problem was
that my cd-rom drive speed was to fast. I installed an older cd drive and had no issues.

I recall a thread by Alan Cox where he mentions trying different kernel parameters (dma, apic, etc). However, I can't seem to find it with google.