[K12OSN] Re: restart verynice without rebooting?

Must remember to include a subject. :-)

David Trask wrote:

This may be a dumb question, but I'm drawing a blank....how can I restart
"verynice" without rebooting? I changed the conf file /etc/verynice.conf
and I want to have it take effect....trying to calm down Firefox a little
bit. How can I do it? PS.... service verynice restart does not work

David,

A little reading of the verynice website

http://www.tam.cornell.edu/~sdh4/verynice/

revealed:

/etc/rc.d/init.d/verynice.init stop    to stop the process and
/etc/rc.d/init.d/verynice.init start    to begin again

Peace,
Jimmy Schwankl