[K12OSN] sshvnc tools

One of the main selling points for the LTSP for me is the ability for remote access. I have an ltsp 3.1.2 setup and running the sshvnc with sshtools and applet working great. I can not seem to get it to work on 4.0.1 though. Very odd, It works fine on the lan, but not the wan. I can access my lts 3.1.2 with no issues, so the firewall is not the problem. I can authenticate the first password and send the second, but that is as far as it goes. It errors out with unknown authentication rfb server: 33554436. I shutoff the ltsp firewall just to check. still works on the lan, but not outside. Any ideas? I do not know which/where the logs for this process would be. I tried tailing the message log, but it does not show any access.
TIA
Mark Gumprecht
MSAD#3
Unity Maine