Re: [K12OSN] doing the pivot_root server not responding

John A. Smith wrote:

Did the newbie read the basic documentation???

Yes . . . and I googled for quite a while too.

The Doc from James McQuillan?
Page 11
2.3 Configuring the services needed by LTSP
http://www.ltsp.org/documentation/ltsp-4.1/ltsp-4.1-0-en.pdf
ltspcfg is mentioned there no...?

Also from that doc (page 30)
Is tftp running?
netstat -anp | grep ":69"
Should return 1 line : udp ....
Check /etc/inetd.conf
tftp dgram udp wait ...
This line is NOT commented out?
in
/etc/xinetd.d/tftp
make sure the service tftp section is enabled
(disable=no) not yes

From the logs you send it is either this or NFS
Is the /opt/ltsp/i386 directory listed in /etc/exports?
If not chances are you didn't run ltspcfg properly
See pages 31 and up in the above mentioned doc.

If TFTP is running we will troubleshoot NFS, let me know

Peter

Did you run the ltspcfg tool?

No . . . funny no mention of that in the basic documentation . . .So I just ran it and it didn't seem to make a difference. I'll restart to make sure all services restart properly with any new config.

As for dhcpd.conf ours are identical, except subnets

-john smith