Re: [K12OSN] sshvnc tools

I don't know if it would help you or not, but you might try running

ssh -L 3700:ltspserver:5900 ltspserver

from the remote site to your ltsp server (ltspserver), and then on the remote client run vncviewer and point it at localhost:3700. This will run your vnc traffic through the SSH tunnel created in the first step. Using sshvnc does all this for you automatically, as others have pointed out. But trying this might tell you something about where your problem is depending on whether it works or not.

Petre

Mark Gumprecht wrote:

cliebow downeast net wrote:

could it be hosts.allow/hosts.deny with tcpwrappers??

I checked them this am and they seem OK. I bounced them against the working server and they were the same. I was wondering if there was some kind of access file allowing just the local subnet to access and not the rest of the world? It just screems firewall, but I have tried shuting off the server firewall and allowing all traffic by default to the server through the sonicwall from the internet. Just doesn't seem to matter.