[K12OSN] sshvnc tools

Les Mikesell les at futuresource.com
Fri Oct 15 15:33:42 UTC 2004

On Fri, 2004-10-15 at 08:08, Petre Scheie wrote:
> I don't know if it would help you or not, but you might try running
>
> ssh -L 3700:ltspserver:5900 ltspserver
>
> from the remote site to your ltsp server (ltspserver), and then on the remote
> client run vncviewer and point it at localhost:3700.  This will run your vnc
> traffic through the SSH tunnel created in the first step.  Using sshvnc does all
> this for you automatically, as others have pointed out.  But trying this might
> tell you something about where your problem is depending on whether it works or not.

Vncviewer will do the grunge work of setting up the ssh tunnel
for you if you use the -via option:
vncviewer -via ltspserver localhost
(the ssh server specified doesn't have to be the same as the
vnc target as long as it can reach it).  Be sure you are using
the correct name for the outside interface of the ssh server
and the name or IP used on the inside for the vncserver if they
are different.

---
  Les Mikesell
   les at futuresource.com