[K12OSN] TeacherTool

Huck dhuckaby at paasda.org
Fri Oct 15 21:59:22 UTC 2004

below is the function I believe that you are looking for to tweak in
TeacherTool...
not sure where the tweak would go for 'numbers' or not..
looks like it's reading the whole thing as a string so should come out
right to begin with?
--Huck

<snip>
    def populateList(self):
        " Populates the list of user with unique user at machines
combinations "
        self.listBox.deleteAll()
        userList = []

        #fd = os.popen("cat FakeData") # TESTING
        fd = os.popen("netstat -t -e | grep x11 | sed -e 's/ \+/ /g' -e
's/:/ /g'") # REAL

        consoleOutput = fd.readlines()
        fd.close()
        self.listBox.deleteAll()
        for line in consoleOutput:
            lineParts = string.split(line)
            if len(lineParts) >= 9:
                 machine = lineParts[5]
                 user = lineParts[8]
            else:  # RH9 bug?
                 machine = lineParts[3]
                 user = lineParts[6]
            if (user != "root" and not user[0] in string.digits):
                userList.append(user+"@"+machine)

        userList = self.gu.uniqueItems(userList)
        userList.sort()
        for item in userList:
            self.listBox.add(item)
</snip>