[K12OSN] Re: Video issue 3dlabs Permedia card (Shane Stafford)

Dave Prentice prentice at instruction.com
Fri Oct 15 22:11:52 UTC 2004

>Date: Fri, 15 Oct 2004 11:17:34 -0400
>From: "Shane Stafford" <staffords at glenburn.net>
>Subject: [K12OSN] Video issue 3dlabs Permedia card
>To: "Support list for opensource software in schools."
>no luck in getting this one to work and I have about 7 of these
machines.
>Card appears to be a 8mb  3DLabs Accel Permedia 2V
>any ideas about what to put in lts.conf
>thanks in advance
>Shane Stafford, MCSE, MCT
>Director Information Services Glenburn School and Town
>Educational System Integrator/Network Engineer
>S & B Consulting

You didn't say what type of clients. I had lots of video troubles with
Compaqs, until Chris Thomas gave the solution. Instead of editing
lts.conf, you modify vidlist in the same directory to use the correct
drivers. I don't remember the exact details, but in the archives check
out Chris's post in Volume 7, Issue 80.
Dave Prentice
prentice at instruction.com
http://www.originsresource.org
 Video issue 3dlabs Permedia card (Shane Stafford)