[K12OSN] e1000 client nic problem

Hello,
I am setting up a k12ltsp 4.1.1 server and a few clients at home with an 8 port Gb switch. I have an nforce based client with builtin 100Mb nic. I added an intel 82546 1Gb nic to net boot the client. When it tries to boot, it errors out using forcedeth module (says something about changing option 129 in /etc/dhcpd.conf). I suspect the boot process sees the nforce nic and assumes I want to boot from it rather than the intel nic. I modified /etc/dhcpd.conf on the server, changing the mac address for ws001 and option 129 to e1000. Now when it tries to boot, it says something about too big (It flashes by fast) and then goes to a cannot boot screen. tail -f /var/log/messages only shows tftp client does not accept options

/etc/dhcpd.conf mentions setting run_dhcpd=1 in /etc/init.d/dhcpd but I did not see any reference to run_dhcpd in /etc/init.d/dhcpd so I ignored this.

Does anyone have advice to what I should try next?

Thanks,

Dale Sykora