[K12OSN] wine app using all memory??

All,

I do not know if anyone has seen this but ... today the load average on my dual xeon server hit 30!  Tracing it back, it appears to have been caused by a windows app running under  wine. This particular app (eClass Grades) requests all available memory on the system (all 4Gb on the system).  Stopping the app returned the server to normal.  So does anyone know how to make wine only use a fixed amount of memory?   Even if I could just  limit the per instance amount things would be okay.

Thanks,
Dave Hopkins
Newark Charter School