[K12OSN] New Zealand Student Management systems

I apologise for this is not exactly related to this list but I notice that there is a few other New Zealanders on here. Anyway I wonder if any of you have read the article regarding MUSAC and other student management systems in the InfoTech section of the Dominion last week. If you haven't and would like a copy email me off list.
The article basicly states that the government has only accrediated one piece of software for use in schools and is spending money to switch schools to this new software. There is concern that the ministry is trying to force this single piece of software upon all schools. What I was wanting to know from the people on this list is: is there any interest at all in creating or modifying an open source student management system for New Zealand schools...
So if you have any comments at all about this can you email me at raven_512 hotmail com

Cheers
Noel

There?s never been a better time to get Xtra JetStream @ http://xtra.co.nz/jetstream