Re: [K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

Samps wrote:

#!/bin/bash
smbmount //DC-name/$USER /home/$USER/H-Drive -o uid=$USER,gid=$USER,credentials=./.creds.txt

David Trask wrote:
++++++++++++
Assuming that I mount the export of LTSPhome as "home" on the K12LTSP
server....since I'm authenticating to the SME server anyway...I shouldn't
need or be bothered by a password at all right?  Especially when dealing
with my "own" home directory.

That is a fair assumption. Since you're logged in, your credentials are known to the E-smith. Is there a variable in Linux like $PASSWORD or $SMBPASSWORD? If so, replace the crdentials=./.creds.txt with username=$USER,password=$PASSWORD and it should mount during login... Another thing I'll have to try tomorrow.

From the samba.org page on SMBMOUNT:

username=<arg>

specifies the username to connect as. If this is not given, then the environment variable USER is used. This option can also take the form "user%password" or "user/workgroup" or "user/workgroup%password" to allow the password and workgroup to be specified as part of the username.
password=<arg>

specifies the SMB password. If this option is not given then the environment variable PASSWD is used. If it can find no password smbmount will prompt for a passeword, unless the guest option is given.

Looks promising.

:-)
Samps