Re: [K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

David Trask wrote:
Saturday, October 16, 2004 at 10:22 PM +0000 wrote:

Yes, the LTSP-homes folder is created first, exported through NFS and when users are created on the LTSP server I tick the option "create /home/username" which gets created as a folder on the E-smiths LTSP-homes folder

Why are you creating the users of the LTSP box?  Especially if you're
suthenticating to the E-Smith box?  Can you explain further?

David N. Trask

I tried just creating them on the E-smith server but it didn't work. Apparently K12LTSP needs to store some info about each and everyone of them.
It's not a big hassle tho' and their passwords don't need to be maintained on the K12LTSP server, only on the E-smith.

Much of what I've done to get it running has been trial-of-error. I only really started digging into K12LTSP recently, and into Linux only this year, so I'm still a struggling newbie. Most likely, someone will be able to tell me about simpler or more correct ways to do things but I'm learning a lot and I really appreciate that.

cheers Samps