[K12OSN] OT building to building ethernet wiring

Hello,
I wanted to get a wiring opinion from the list. I need to extend a network from a school office to a few adjacent buildings. Each building will have 5 or less workstations or LTS clients. The lengths are less than 30m. I am considering running cat5e/6 thru metal conduit -vs- fiber. I am concerned with ground potential between buildings and cable loss etc -vs- cat2fiber and fiber2cat costs. Can I try it with cat, or should I just use fiber?

Thanks,

Dale