Re: [K12OSN] OT building to building ethernet wiring

> Hello,
> 	I wanted to get a wiring opinion from the list.  I need to extend a
> network from a school office to a few adjacent buildings.  Each building
> will have 5 or less workstations or LTS clients.  The lengths are less
> than 30m.  I am considering running cat5e/6 thru metal conduit -vs-
> fiber.  I am concerned with ground potential between buildings and cable
> loss etc -vs- cat2fiber and fiber2cat costs.  Can I try it with cat, or
> should I just use fiber?

We use fiber on all runs like this, for the same reasons you list, ground
potential and the like.

Michael

Michael Williams                   Haywood County Schools
Technology Director               Instructional Technology
http://www.haywood.k12.nc.us         (828) 627-8314