Re: [K12OSN] OT building to building ethernet wiring

dale wrote:

Jim Hays wrote:

With the short runs that you are talking about here you could get the fiber
pre-terminated. It may be easier and less expensive unless you know of someone
who can terminate fiber.

Good point. I might need a larger conduit to accomodate the connector, but that would probably be cheaper than hiring someone to make a few splices. I'll consider it.

Thanks,

Dale

I agree. You can easily get it in lengths of 15 metres, which is about 50ft (I did this for my house). If you need to go longer, L-Com is one company that makes them in pretty much any length you want, with pretty much any termination type that you want (ST, SC, MT-RJ, etc.). I'd go with multi-mode for your application.

--TP
Do you GNU!? <http://www.gnu.org>