Re: [K12OSN] #$%@$Student hotmail not working

Jim Christiansen wrote:
Yes, thanks everyone. The best solution would be to host our own mail. I have a couple of students trying to put together a mail server, but they are struggling. I have never put one together before... and have not yet given them the time and help to figure out how to set up imap cyrus and what ever else they are working on.

Anyone know of a nice rpm, wiki, readme or magic ball that a beginner webmail student admin and rookie teacher could use? I do my own dns, so that is taken care of for the mail system. As usual, I appreciate all comments and suggestions. Jim
Jim,
You might want to give SME server a try(contribs.org). It offers webmail & imap/pop (among many other features) with an easy to administer web interface. There are easy howtos and scripts for adding spamassasin, clamav, and secure imap/pop. I use this for my home network and it works well.

Thanks,

Dale