Re: [K12OSN] rdesktop and Terminal Server Specs Inquiry

Edwardson Pedragosa wrote:

Hi,

Just want to know if somebody here has build a Win2k3 as Terminal Server
of K12LTSP and the specifications of that server. I'm having problem
with testing Crossover office for my K12LTSP setup.

Thanks

Not sure if you mean "take a K12LTSP server and install Windows 2003 on it", or "log into a Windows 2003 server from K12LTSP with rdesktop or an equivalent." I'll assume the latter. I've tested CrossOver Office on K12LTSP, and my server here at home is a dual Athlon 1.2GHz with 4GB DRAM. You shouldn't need anywhere near that powerful a box to test CrossOver Office, though; a 512MB Pentium-III 700MHz ought to be quite sufficient, and you could very likely get away with even 256MB DRAM, but I wouldn't go any lower than that.

Which apps are you trying to run with CrossOver Office? Some work (e. g. MS Office XP), and others don't (e. g. MS Office 2003, Adobe Acrobat 6).

--TP
Do you GNU!? <http://www.gnu.org>