[K12OSN] kernel update resolves security vuln.

a new kernel 2.4.20-37.9 for k12ltsp 3.1.2 (RH9) was just released with security updates

http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-legacy-announce/2004-October/msg00016.html

Can I update with yum or rpm and still boot without other problems?
Will the new kernel be selectable at boot like the other bigmem, smp kernels?

Also, when I installed the OS I used a DUD (Driver Update Disk) for my Adaptec SCSI controller to load a module for it. Wondering if that will be used by the new kernel?

Robert Arkiletian