Re: [K12OSN] Woe is me: Onboard SCSI/RAID Controller

Debbie Schiel wrote:

Which version of k12ltsp did you try the dud disk with before 3.1.2?

I tried my original 4.1.0 and then the 4.1.1

I just checked Mr. Gibbs site.
http://people.freebsd.org/~gibbs/linux/DUD/aic79xx/
He has DUD disks for the following distros

rh Redhat
rhel Redhat Enterprise Linux
sl SUSE linux
sles SUSE linux enterprise server
ul United linux (i think)

I don't see any for Fedora Core so I'm not surprised the DUD did not work.

Did you use the dud disk with 3.1.2?

No I didn't need it with 3.1.2. RH installed the driver all automatically.

I hate to tell you this but the driver that comes with RH9 is old. It may work but I am not using it. I read people had problems with it. I used Mr. Gibbs DUD disk for RH9 i686 with 3.1.2
I just did a search and I think even 4.0.1 (FC1) with kernel 2.4.22 should have it too. Check this out

http://kerneltrap.org/node/view/779

search for aic79xx
So only 3.1.2 needs the DUD not because it won't work, but because the driver is old. Try this

cat /proc/scsi/aic79xx/0

to see what version you are using. If it's before 1.3.8 I think it's too old. This is my guess, not my experience. I am using 1.3.11

Yes - problems there - The hardware browser picks up only ONE network card but I know there are two...

Hmm. try

su -
# ifconfig -a

or

#lspci -vv

to tell you about attached devices. I know they will work with Slackware. type
"man lspci" or "man ifconfig" if you want to know more about them.

Thanks Robert. I think it's fantastic that everyone has so much advice and expertize to offer and does so gladly.

No problem. This is what FOSS is all about.

Robert Arkiletian