[K12OSN] doing the pivot_root server not responding

John A. Smith jsmith at breakthroughministries.com
Wed Oct 20 14:08:55 UTC 2004

Just as an update . . . I think the problem I was having was with the switch. When I hook a crossover cable from the client to server nic, it doesn't hang at "doing the pivot_root." It seems to load the kernel image fine, but now X won't start, "no screens found" error. I figure I'll try another switch tomorrow and try starting the client in run level 3 to see if I can get better info on what's going on with X.

-john smith