[K12OSN] Re: #$%@$Student hotmail not working

dale.quigg at aspentech.com dale.quigg at aspentech.com
Wed Oct 20 16:02:11 UTC 2004

Jim Christiansen wrote:
> Yes, thanks everyone.  The best solution would be to host our own
> mail.
> I have a couple of students trying to put together a mail server, but
> they are struggling.  I have never put one together before... and have
> not yet given them the time and help to figure out how to set up imap
> cyrus and what ever else they are working on.

> Anyone know of a nice rpm, wiki, readme or magic ball that a beginner
> webmail student admin and rookie teacher could use?  I do my own dns, so
> that is taken care of for the mail system.  As usual, I appreciate all
> comments and suggestions.  Jim

You may also want to consider ClarkConnect at www.clarkconnect.com.

The thing I like about them is that for a reasonable fee, they provide
automated updates to the OS, updates to the DansGuardian blacklists, system
monitoring, etc.

I've been pleased with their product and service.

Hope this helps.
DaleQ
This e-mail and any attachments are intended only for use by the
confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient of this
e-mail, you are hereby notified any dissemination, distribution or copying
of this email, and any attachments thereto, is strictly prohibited. If you
receive this email in error please immediately notify the sender and
permanently delete the original copy and any copy of any e-mail, and any
printout thereof.