[K12OSN] Pros & Cons of upgrading a Production Server from RH8.0 to FC2?

i'm in the process of installing a Fedora Core 2 (K12LTSP) box at this very moment to try out Centre 1.2 (open-source School Information System app). FC2 LOOKS really slick. Nice eye-candy. Very professional looking OS.

I noticed that FC2 comes with Mozilla 1.7 and Gimp 2! That's awesome! I'd like to put those on my Production Servers running RedHat8.0. And I thought the easiest, fastest way would be to simply upgrade from RH8 to FC2. I am wrong in this thinking?

What are the Pros and Cons of upgrading from RH8 to FC2? Remember this is for two Production Servers, not Experimental Servers.

"He is no fool who gives up what he cannot keep
for that which he cannot lose."
-- Jim Elliott

RICHARD K. INGALLS
Director of Information Technology
Glenwood R-8 School District
West Plains, MO

email..ringalls (at) glenwood.k12.mo.us
web....http://glenwood.k12.mo.us
ph.....417.256.4849
fax....417.257.2567

"Miracles are a retelling in small letters
of the very same story which is written across
the whole world in letters too large
for some of us to see."
-- C. S. Lewis