Re: [K12OSN] Changing default web browser (globaly)

late posting...but just did it

apt-get install firefox

mv /usr/bin/mozilla /usr/bin/MOZILLA
cp /usr/bin/firefox /usr/bin/mozilla

click on the little dragon head and voila!

--Huck

Burroughs, Henry wrote:

You can tell I'm on a roll tonight. ;-) What do I need to modify so that when the user clicks on the "web-browser" button on the GNOME panel for it to launch an alternate browser (ie: Firefox) instead of mozilla. I basically know how the gnome-default-applications-properties program modifies settings for the user, but where are the global/default settings? I'm trying to get it switched over before I have everyone pile onto the new server. Have a great evening!

Henry Burroughs Technology Director Hilton Head Preparatory School www.hhprep.org