[K12OSN] Upload to Apache

Hi all,

I am trying to set up a LAMP server to allow students to develop dynamic
web pages using PHP and MySQL.

Unfortunately I am having some problems with Apache 2, namely in regards
to uploading content to the site.  I have enabled UserDir and I would
like students to be able to upload content to their individual area.

I have considered either WebDAV or FTP.  Which of these would be easiest
to implement?

In order to get around the basic authentication method for WebDAV I had
thought to require an SSL tunnel and for FTP to forward traffic through
SSH.  How do other people handle this?

Many thanks

Luke Maslany
Josiah Mason College