Re: [K12OSN] Squid & Content filtering

Adam (et al),
Thank you for your suggestions, the how-to below was particularly helpful. I am curious about one note that is referenced.

"If you were running a transparent redirect in your Cisco router" - I am not running any redirects anywhere, it goes pretty much like this.

Internet ->
Cable Modem ->
Router/Firewall->
"External" NIC-> LTSP Box
Internal NIC -> LTSP Box
LTSP connections web browsing.

Is there something that I need to do to get all traffic routed through the squid & squidguardian?

Am I making any sense?
Thank you all again!
KJ

<snip> I don't know if this helps, but I wrote this squidguard how-to when replacing our iprism web filter here at the library. http://www.vermilion.lib.la.us/sysadminsite/squidguard/ Enjoy! </snip>

<snip>
KJ wrote:

> Hello, I have installed (Finally!) K12 LTSP and it is working
> great! I had a bad CD player, took me weeks to figure that out
> (I'm not worthy to be a geek anymore!) :-)
>
> Now my question is Squid and Content filtering. I have been unable
> to get Squid to work, I'm not really sure where to look or what to
> do to get started, can anyone point me in the right direction?
> (ie. websites with HOWTO's or something) I'd really appreciate it.
>

> Also if you can tell me what you use for content filtering and what
> seems to be the best, I'd really appreciate it!
</snip>