Re: [K12OSN] Improve loading time for OOo

Samps wrote:
Just about ready to deploy four LTSP servers on our school network. Most is working great. :-)

OpenOffice loads a bit slow tho'.

The reason for OOo slow-loading (50 seconds, consistently) was apparently caused by lack of internet access. A DNS lookup unsatisfied or the like.

Today I deployed the LTSP servers and connected them, through our proxy server, to our Internet router and, as if by magic, OOo loads first program in less than fifteen seconds, subsequent programs instantly.

Thanks for all the suggestions, some of which helped me solve other, probably unrelated, problems.

cheers Samps