[K12OSN] Introduction/Question

Hello-I am quinn smith 5th grade teacher at Buckman Elementary in Portland. With the help of some very kind people (freegeek.org, Paul Nelson, Eric Harris, and many others) I have a 12 client working LTSP lab in my classroom. I have several needs.

First, I need to learn the basics of Linux/Fedora 2. I am a moderate Windows 9x user but the skill set doesn't appear transferable can someone offer a direction on developing basic skills.

Secondly, I need to learn basic networking. I am familiar with the components of the basic network (wan/lan,nic,router, switch, etc..) but would appreciate a direction, link that can provide the development of a skill set.

Thirdly, I would like to build some small form factor thin clients using Netvista boxes. Can someone recommend a source for lowcost (mini atx?) motherboards with built in audio/video/lan? Computer Geeks (compgeeks.com) has socket 370 celeron 500's for $10.50.

Lastly, if you have or are considering building a lab in an elementary school lets connect and share knowledge (however limited it might be, at least on my part...). I am willing to help.

Thank you to all who help. Especially to Paul and Eric and FreeGeeks.org.