[K12OSN] Lets start this all over

I hadn't realized that I had left out some key data.

I have three USB optical mice that I want to put on boxes and replace the ball type mice that are getting so old even cleaning doesn't help.
I have :
Fedora core 1 K12LTSP 4.0.1
Dumpster boxes with USB 1.0
Some have Trident 9680 video cards
Some have SIS900 video chips
Others have a variety of ATI and other brand video cards.

What do I need to do to either lts.conf or some place in Xfree86 to make the mice work?
Thanks in advance
Pat