Re: [K12OSN] Floppy permission problem

Terrell Prudé, Jr. wrote:

Jonathan Carter wrote:

Hi List

I have a school running K12LTSP 3.1.2 (Red Hat 9). When they want to access a floppy using MToolsFM, they get an error that permission is denied to /dev/fd0.

What is causes this, and how can I fix this.

thanks and regards
Jonathan

Are they inadvertently trying to access the server's floppy drive?

Another thing to check is if local floppy support is turned on in lts.conf.

--TP

Yes, it is activated in lts.conf, but it doesn't work :(

One weirdallity we did come by is, their home directories are under /home/teachers/usernames and /home/students/usernames, so we had to modify the push-icons-to-all-users script to make that work. Could there be a link between these problems?

thanks
-jonathan