Re: [K12OSN] Assign Drive letter c: to ata drive in linux

Carl Keil wrote:

Hi,

I'm still having trouble booting my DELL 400sc server after installing a sata drive for /home. The BIOS is looking for a C: drive to boot from, there's no option to look at the IDE bus, or primary IDE or something. So, does anyone know how to make this thing think that the Primary ATA drive is a "C:" drive? If I take the SATA buss offline in the BIOS it boots fine. If I don't I have to hit F12 at bootup and go into a special boot menu where I can select "Primary IDE" and it boots fine. I'd like it to boot without intervention like that.

Thanks,

ck

I take it that Dell support didn't have any ideas on this one? This sounds like a Dell-specific thing.

--TP
Do you GNU!? <http://www.gnu.org>