[K12OSN] Remote Sound

Is there a trick to getting sound to work with firefox/flash (or mozilla/flash) on thin clients? I have the remote sound hacks=Y in the /etc/sysconfig/k12ltsp file -- but none of the "magic" environment variables seem to get set when the thin client boots...

I do have remote sound working (esd) and using esdplay will play a file fine... Any tips? Am I forgetting a silly step?

Thanks yet again,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers