Re: [K12OSN] Test message?

http://gmail.google.com/support/bin/answer.py?answer=6588&query=mailing+list&topic=&type=f

I sent a message to a mailing list that I'm on, but I didn't see that
message in my inbox. Is something wrong?
Answer
return to Help Center

Not at all. To help save you time, Gmail automatically archives
messages that you send. If the message is in 'Sent Mail,' then it went
out to the mailing list successfully. You'll see it in your inbox only
if there was an error in sending the message or if someone responds to
your message. Sent messages are also available in 'All Mail.'