Re: [K12OSN] Adding and removing users without being in root

microman cmosnetworks com wrote:

John P. Conlon wrote:

I have a teacher who has three stand alone machines running K12LTSP 4.2. I want to know if I can give her access to the add-remove users GUI with out giving her access to root or the root password. If I can do this can someone please enlighten me on how to go about it.
Thanks
Pat

You might wish to consider the use of sudo for this. However, this may end up giving her the ability to create her own username with a UID of 0, which would give her root.

--TP