Re: [K12OSN] Adding and removing users without being in root

jconlon1 elp rr com wrote:
Is WEBMIN in the K12LTSP or do I need to go look for it some place?  I'm not the most savy Linux person so a little bit more detailed response would help.
Thanks again
Pat

Jim Hays wrote:
Webmin is definitely the answer to this.

Quoting norbert <bear2bar netscape net>:

microman cmosnetworks com wrote:

John P. Conlon wrote:

I have a teacher who has three stand alone machines running K12LTSP
4.2.  I want to know if I can give her access to the add-remove users
GUI with out giving her access to root or the root password.  If I
can do this can someone please enlighten me on how to go about it.
Thanks
Pat

You might wish to consider the use of sudo for this.  However, this
may end up giving her the ability to create her own username with a
UID of 0, which would give her root.

--TP

Hi John,

You might try installing WEBMIN and creating a limited administrator
account with user priviledges.....

norbert