Re: [K12OSN] rdesktop question

It shouldn't be that difficult....how do you have your licensing set up on
the Windows server....by seat or by connection?

I simply have a command as part of a file

rdesktop -f -d midnight -a 16 10.0.6.254

I have the command above in a file called "termserv" and then I made
"termserv" executable  (  chmod a+x termserv  )

I then used "termserv" as the program for a menu item in IceWM....works
great

To explain the command....  -f makes it full screen.....-d sets the domain
(in our case "midnight")....-a sets the color depth (here it's 16
bit)....and of course the IP of the terminal server.

My users click on the menu item in IceWM called "Connect to Windows
Terminal Server" and they are then presented with a full screen login
window with both their name and domain already filled in...all they have
to do is enter their password.  Works fantastic!

David N. Trask
Technology Teacher/Coordinator
Vassalboro Community School
dtrask vcs u52 k12 me us