Re: [K12OSN] rdesktop question

David Trask wrote:
It shouldn't be that difficult....how do you have your licensing set up on
the Windows server....by seat or by connection?

I'm guessing you are using Windows 2000 Terminal Server? The licensing in 2003 TS is insanely different. There is "per device" or "per user" -- but the "per user" model doesn't work at all. Nada. Even with windows clients.

Right now, my license is good until January 4th. If I don't hear of a bad reason to switch to using the RDP v4 method, I'll probably just do that. With "per device" licensing, and RDP v4, I get issued permanent licenses, not temporaries -- so I guess it's a workable workaround.

BTW, Chris -- in your script, the argument $@, does that pass ALL the flags to the actual program? I have written wrapper scripts in the past, and had to do something like "program $1 $2 $3 $4 $5 $6" to make sure I got all the options passed... if indeed $@ passes all the arguments, that's easier!

Thanks,
-Shawn

--
Shawn Powers