[K12OSN] Off-topic Ultrasparc in K12LTSP

Hi,

I've had something strange occur while trying to use an Ultrasparc 1 with Solaris 9 as a workstation. I was having some networking problems with the cable-modem, so I shut down my ltsp server but as I did the thin-clients logged into the Sparc. I don't quite understand why since I'm not running NFS shares nor DHCP on the Ultrasparc.

Anyone with more Solaris knowledge that can enlighten me will be greatly apppreciate. Strange thing is that this is a 167Mhz UltraSparc processor with 256 MB of memory and it had 20 Workstations logged in. Whereas my main server is a P-IV 2.8 Ghz with 2 GB memory for the same number of clients and the Sparc seems to be faster !!!

thks
norbert